ACFO-ACAF, the union representing more than 5,000 accountants, auditors and financial professionals, is looking for a bilingual administrative assistant to join our team on a one-year contract.
The Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact with the union for many of our members. They serve as receptionist but also perform a variety of tasks to support the entire staff and generally ensure the efficient operation of the office day-to-day. We need someone engaging and outgoing who can manage multiple tasks and priorities, anticipate the needs of a dynamic office and solve problems proactively.
As our Administrative Assistant, you’ll be:
- providing reception services including, but not limited to, answering and directing phone calls; greeting visitors; and processing mail and courier orders;
- carrying out administrative duties including, but not limited to, filing, shredding, scanning, copying and preparing binders and documents;
- liaising with the Labour Relations team to respond to meeting invitations;
- maintaining office supply inventories and ensuring the operation of various office equipment;
- providing support to the Chief Administrative Officer and other senior staff with various projects;
- liaising with suppliers and vendors;
- providing support for on-site events including, but not limited to, ordering catering; greeting visitors; preparing meeting rooms and common areas; and preparing documentation;
- ensuring the tidiness of common areas such as the kitchen and serveries, meeting rooms and reception areas;
- and carrying out various other duties as required.
Skills and experience
You’ll be a good fit for this role if:
- you have good communications skills in English and French;
- you’re familiar with the Microsoft Office suite, especially Outlook, Word and Excel;
- you adapt well to changing priorities and an unpredictable day;
- you work cooperatively and effectively with others;
- you’ve got strong organizational and problem solving skills;
- and you can accomplish tasks with a high degree of attention to detail.
ACFO-ACAF is a union and professional association dedicated to the well-being of its members in the workplace. We strive to reflect the professionalism of our members by providing labour relations representation, professional development opportunities and beyond. You can learn more on ACFO-ACAF’s website.
Not only does ACFO-ACAF care about the well-being of its members in the workplace, but of its staff as well. Some of the benefits of working at ACFO-ACAF include:
- A collaborative and dedicated team of passionate, hard-working professionals;
- A newly renovated office with free parking and great coffee in the heart of Westboro, less than a five-minute walk from OC Transpo’s Westboro station;
- A competitive health and benefits package, including RRSP matching, a health and wellness allowance;
- And more.
Ready to apply? Click here and get ready to join our team!