Comptrollership Training Centre
New this year, ACFO-ACAF and the Office of the Comptroller General are piloting a job swap. Participants, upon approval, will be able to go on a three-to-six-month job swap with another public servant in the same group and at the same level in a different department within the same city. The program is available across Canada.
- have been in the federal government for the past 5 years
- have been in the same substantive FI position for the past 3 years
- have received a performance assessment of “succeed” or better in the past 3 years
- If selected, obtain approval from supervisor to complete job swap assignment
Responsibility of applicant
Each applicant is responsible for the following:
- discussing with their supervisor prior to applying to ensure their supervisor would consider approving such a request should applicant be selected
- completing the application form
- if selected, committing to completing the full assignment
- if selected, preparing onboarding document to assist new job swap partner
- maintaining ongoing communication with job swap partner to facilitate their onboarding
- completing a short survey at the end of the assignment
ACFO-ACAF will take care of matching applicants based on their preferences, where possible, and communicating with the applicants to facilitate the swap.
This pilot is part of the Joint Career Development Program.