Applications are now being accepted for the winter term courses offered through the ACFO-ACAF / OCG Joint Career Development Program!
Applications will be accepted until October 31 for courses taking place between January and March. More information on the application process is below.
Training available this term includes:
- New offering: Presentation skills (14 CPD hours), for those looking to become more comfortable giving presentations and verbal briefings.
- New offering: Collaborative leadership (14 CPD hours), for members in leadership roles or those planning to become leaders, to help develop the skills to foster teamwork and collaboration.
- Intro to Power BI (14 CPD hours), a course designed for people with little to no experience using Microsoft’s data visualization and reporting software.
- Storytelling With Data (14 CPD hours), which targets professionals looking to become better consumers and users of data to support decision making.
- Relating and Responding to Mental Health (14 CPD hours), a course for anyone that wants to better care for their own mental health and be a more supportive colleague for others struggling in this area.
- Navigating Difficult Conversations (7 CPD hours), for those looking for a framework for preparing for and participating in difficult conversations in the workplace.
- Authentic Leadership (14 CPD hours), a transformative experience that instills leadership through a thoughtful blend of relevant topics, real world expertise, and feedback.
Some key details on the application process are:
- All ACFO-ACAF public sector members are eligible to apply for JCDP programming.
- Simply enter your contact information, choose the courses in which you’re interested, then rate your preferences for courses when you apply.
- All applications are then put into a random draw. If your name is drawn, you are awarded a spot in your highest-rated choice that still has available spaces.
- One application per member will be accepted, with any duplicate applications removed and only the most recent application accepted.
- Every member has an equal chance in the lottery with the lone exception that people who have received training will be deprioritized in the draw for the current year to ensure as many people as possible benefit from this training. That being said many members have received training in successive years – there’s no risk in applying!